|Picture from this site.|
The Skeletal System, including:
- Skeleton, bones, marrow
- Skull, cranium
- Ribs, ribcage, sternum
- Spinal column, vertebrae
- Scapula (shoulder blades), pelvis, tibia, fibula
What do you know about the bones?
1. Click here, and test your knowledge of the names of the bones.
2. Students who are English learners may find this unit tricky if they do not yet know all the general names of the body parts and bones before studying the scientific names of the bones. Listen (and sing and dance along) to this video to become familiar with the basic names of bones.
4. Post a comment below naming one bone and what it does for the body.
Try to post something new that your classmates have not written yet.
5. Learn the names of the main bones here. Click "show answer" first to review. Turn up your volume to hear the names of the bones!
6. Learn ALL the bones you need to know here. You can hear their names and read a little about each bone. Then play games 1 and 2 at the bottom to continue to review.
7. Need more practice? Practice the names of the bones again, here.
8. Quiz yourself! You may skip numbers 11, 12, 17, and 18. Or, use them for bonus points! Print out your final score to the quiz and turn it in to the teacher when you are finished with the lesson.
Good work! In class we will work with velcro and 3D model skeletons and continue to study their names and jobs. Feel free to explore the links at the bottom, especially Skeleton Review Games for extra practice.